ICT Amended Sector Code clarification notes
The following important aspects of the clarification notes issued by the ICT Sector Council can be found under the FAQ section of their web site http://www.ictsectorcouncil.org.za:
A measured entity under the ICT sector code has to meet 8 distinct 40% sub-minimum targets to avoid the loss of a BEE level; these are:
- Ownership Net Value (3.2 points of the 8 points)
- Skills Development expenditure on black people (3.2 points of the target of 8)
- Skills Development expenditure on black people with disabilities (1.6 points of the target of 4)
- Black people participating in Learnerships (1.6 points of the target of 4)
- Unemployed black people participating in Learnerships (1.6 points of the target of 4)
- Preferential Procurement (10 points of the 25)
- Enterprise Development (4 points of the 10)
- Supplier Development (6 points of the 15)
Demographic targets are confirmed as applying to all the Skills Development indicators i.e.
- Skills Development expenditure on black people
- Skills Development expenditure on black people with disabilities
- Black people participating in Learnerships
- Unemployed black people participating in training specified in the Learning programme Matrix
- Number of black people absorbed at the end of Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Internships and Graduate programmes.
The mention of “Graduate programmes” under Bonus Points for Absorption indicates that the 5 points for absorption applies to training for previously unemployed black learners for Categories A, B, C and D. However salaries may only be counted towards Formal Skills Development for Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Internships.
Training in must be line with the Dti COGP Learning Programme Matrix but the training is also measurable for recognition if it is in the B-BBEE ICT Sector Council Priority Skills list. This list is not limited to SAQA Accredited training programmes.
Enterprise Development and Supplier Development:
The bonus points for creating new jobs via Supplier and Enterprise Development initiatives (1 point for jobs created up to 10% of the workforce and 2 points for 11%+) is limited to a maximum of 2 points.
All material subject to our Legal Disclaimers.