National Wills Week
This week is National Wills Week and we urge you to consider whether your will is up to date and relevant to your current circumstances:
- Has the composition of your beneficiaries changed through births and deaths?
- Will your existing will create family divisions after your death?
- Will poor terminology in your will inadvertently disinherit an intended beneficiary?
- Will you unintentionally benefit your ex-spouse and prejudice your new spouse by not updating your will?
- Has your country of residence changed?
- Have you adequately provided for children or other beneficiaries with disabilities?
- Are your nominated Executors and Trustees still relevant, appropriate and available for appointment?
- Does your will comply in all aspects with the Wills Act?
- Does your will aim to minimise estate duty and capital gains tax due on death?
- Does your will and estate plan provide for liquidity in your estate upon your death?
All material subject to our Legal Disclaimers.