New Penalties to be imposed by SARS
Monthly fixed penalties are levied from R250.00 to R16 000.00 depending on the taxable income of the taxpayer in the preceding tax year. The list of non-compliance transgressions is extensive and includes:
- Failure to register as a taxpayer
- Not informing SARS of a change of address or other details as required by the Act
- Failure by a company to appoint a public officer and keeping the position filled, appoint a place for service/delivery of notices and other documentation, notifying SARS of change of public officer
- Failure to submit a return or related documents as and when required by the Act
- Failure to furnish, produce and make available information, documents or items required by the Act
- Failure to reply to or answer a questions put to a person as required by the Act
- Failure to attend/give evidence as required by the Act
- Failure by an employer to notify SARS of change of address or the fact of having ceased to be an employer as and when required under the Act.
- Failure by an employer to submit a monthly declaration of employees’ tax as and when required by the Act
- Failure by an employer to provide details of an employee
- Failure by an employer to deliver an employee’s tax certificate to one or more employees (including former employees)
- Delivery of an employer of an employee’s certificate in contravention of the requirement that the employer must first render an employee’s tax return as and when required by the Act
- Failure by a provisional taxpayer, who is liable for the payment of normal tax in respect of an amount of taxable income derived by the provisional taxpayer during a year of assessment, to submit an estimate of taxable income as and when required by the Act.
- Any other non-compliance with an obligation imposed by the Act
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All material subject to our Legal Disclaimers.