Petroleum and Liquid Fuels Sector Code
The DTI issued a Proclamation on 13th September to publicise the intention of the Department of Energy and the Petroleum and Liquid Fuels Industry to align the B-BBEE Petroleum and Liquid Fuels Sector Transformation Charter with the B-BBEE Act, the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice and the B-BBEE Policy Framework to ultimately serve as a Sector Specific Code of Good Practice.
The next steps include:-
- The establishment of a B-BBEE Petroleum and Liquid Fuels Sector Transformation Charter Council
- Consultation with Stakeholders
- Negotiation and drafting
- Submission of a Draft Sector Code for Public Commentary and review (60 days)
- Analysis of Comments
- Submission to the DTI for ratification;
- The DTI to publish Sector Code after ratification
All material subject to our Legal Disclaimers.