Who are we? | Company Description
At MD, we focus on building relationships with our clients and staff and understanding their requirements. Our strategic intent of providing Financial Leadership Through Professional Excellence is the vision by which we measure ourselves.
Why is this role important to us?
We love to help professionals develop and grow their experience in all areas of business.
Why our staff are happy and choose to stay with us:
Our promise to clients
We have a diverse client base of loyal clients who have partnered with us for many years and trust us to be their outsourced Financial Director. Our clients value our service offering and work closely with all our staff.
We are proud of the difference that our business has on our clients and communities. We also partner with our NPO clients to enable them to deliver on their services. We believe in giving back where we can.
We ensure that your knowledge is up to date with an emphasis on training, both internally and externally. We love to share in personal development and celebrate each other’s successes.
What we offer
Participation in incentive schemes, flexi-time, early Fridays, and fun social events.
A technologically advanced working environment with a like-minded team.
- Supervising a monthly accounting department including preparation and review of monthly management accounts, timely submission of statutory returns, and assisting clients with accounting and software support.
- Preparing and reviewing of Annual Financial Statements using IFRS for SME’s.
- Dealing with clients and correspondence.
- Managing and training of junior staff and SAIPA trainees.
What you need to apply:
- Integrity, sincerity, and reliability
- Responsibility and accountability
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment
- Self-motivated, confident, and positive attitude
- Completed SAIPA or SAICA articles or similar experience
- Company and individual tax knowledge essential
- Experience in completion of VAT, EMP, and IT14SD returns
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Own transport (including valid SA driver’s licence)
- Pastel Partner and Sage One experience
- Experience with Xero advantageous
- Caseware knowledge
- Highly computer literate including Outlook, Word, and Excel
An annual market-related cost-to-company package is offered dependent on qualifications and experience.
All MD CV Application Requirements:
Please email your full CV, including:
Should your application not contain or specify all of the above-mentioned
requested details, it will not be considered for the position.
If you have not had feedback on your application within 15 working days,
please consider your application unsuccessful.
Contact us today to find out how you can join our Team!
Based in Kenilworth, Cape Town
(please only apply if you are living in the Western Cape)
Would you like to complete your articles with a professional
firm that offers a flexible environment, learning, and training
culture, industry-leading clients, a variety of work,
incentivised rewards, and long-term career prospects?
These are among the many benefits of working at MD,
an established and ever-evolving innovative, modern practice.
There are currently no other positions available at MD at this time.
The MD Team | 2022